The Pipes Magazine Radio Show - Episode 16 | The #1 Source for Pipes and Pipe Tobacco Information

Apparently, the Mayans need to make a new calendar. Welcome to 2013 and the first radio show of the New Year. Our featured guest tonight is Chris Tarler. Chris is the man in charge of Cornell & Diehl, one of the biggest, little tobacco companies. "C&D" is one of the most well-respected, and popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the U.S. and internationally.

Tonight’s show is sponsored by SmokingPipes.com, Missouri Meerschaum, 4noggins.com, and Cup O’ Joes. Please give them some consideration when making your next pipe or tobacco purchase.

We hope you enjoy our 45-minute show produced just for you—the pipe smoker and collector. The following link will launch a pop-up player. Alternatively, you can download the show in iTunes after the initial broadcast is complete here.

If you have an Android device, you can subscribe to the show on Podkicker.

Chris Tarler, Cornell & Diehl

More on Cornell & Diehl at the following links
Cornell & Diehl Looks to the Future
Cornell & Diehl Factory Tour

Brian Levine, Host of The Pipes Magazine Radio Show in the Charlotte NC studio

Kevin Godbee, Producer of The Pipes Magazine Radio Show in the Tampa FL studio

12 Responses to “The Pipes Magazine Radio Show - Episode 16”

1. patty said:

The radio show is terrific. I have my pipe & glass of Merlot.

I’m enjoying listening to Chris myself. I have my pipe and glass of Jack Daniels. ;-)

3. dochudson said:

Turn your speakers on. ;-)

On the rant - if the cashier is hot, I tell her I will give my number if she gives me hers. Same with email. Don’t worry Patty. It never works. ;-)

6. Barry said:

Got a new Peterson 606 pot in the Donegal Rocky finish for Christmas. Love it! Also got an Invicta Briar sitter which is pretty cool as well. In the reading department, I got a copy of Weber’s Guide to Pipes and Pipe Smoking by Carl Weber I think it is and In Search of Pipe Dreams by Rick Newcombe which I have just started. I recently finished reading The Perfect Smoke by Fred Hanna which was great for a relative pipe newbie such as myself. Add to that a collection of 6 new tins of tobbaco to try and I’d say it was a fantastic Christmas for my pipe collection! Glad to hear the show is gaining in popularity as I am really enjoying the weekly shows. Keep it up!

7. dkobakofm said:

another fun listen; just ordered some c&d good morning! i love hearing what master blenders have to say.

8. dkobakofm said:

oh! i received a savinelli qandale #315 for Christmas. those mini church wardens are my favorite Sunday pipe!

9. Al said:

I’ve really been enjoying the show. I’d love to make a few guest suggestions, how can I reach Brian?

I’ll email you Al.

Another good show. Good discussion of grains on pipes.

Nice tribute to Bill Unger. We would have loved to have sent something to his final service but we couldn’t get that information.

12. Dr.B said:

Hey Brian: Let’s Party! 2013 Pipe-Style-via Pipe-Radio …
    Interesting info. about the different types of pipe grains & finishing styles, etc. Perhaps C & D should be added to the hand blended New Year line up.
    Nice Show!