Borkum Riff Celebrates it’s 40th Anniversary with Limited Edition 1968 Original Packaging | The #1 Source for Pipes and Pipe Tobacco Information

Borkum Riff has been celebrating the 40th anniversary of Borkum Riff since September 2008. The brand was launched outside Sweden for the first time in the autumn of 1968. Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey was launched in the USA on 10th September and was an immediate hit.

Many of you have probably noticed that the Bourbon Whiskey packaging design is now the same as when the product was first launched in 1968.

The celebrations are now coming to an end and this historic design will disappear in the autumn, when the Borkum Riff Whiskey packaging will return to its regular design.

Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey
Original Limited Edition Packaging from 1968
Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey
Modern 21st Century Packaging

Order Borkum Riff Bourbon Pipe Tobacco - Click Here Now!

8 Responses to “Borkum Riff Celebrates it’s 40th Anniversary with Limited Edition 1968 Original Packaging”

1. rehfeldttw said:

I remember this package very well as my first ever pipe tobacco was a Borkum Riff “Bourbon Whiskey”. I believe I bought the 250G tin with the original markings.

Do you still smoke it rehfeldttw? What is it like? Now I am thinking about trying it.

3. rehfeldttw said:

I remember it well. It was really excellent robust taste, mildly sweet, and the strength was mild to medium. But it bites. Maybe I puffed to hard. Perhaps then, I wasn’t as experience as I am now. But, then, I really did enjoy this smoke and wouldn’t mind picking up a pack or a tin to bring back memories.

4. Jones said:

I’m new to pipesmoking, and recently picked up a package of this, unaware it was a 40th anniversary product. Am enjoying the tobacco.

5. phil said:

One of my first try’s and it did have a bite… again like others, with more experience under my belt, I might give it a try again.

6. Ray Dymond said:

I have been smoking the Whiskey blend since 1969.I think the original black pouch is much better looking than the brown. I usually buy 3 or 4 6 pack cartons at a time. I think something has changed since you went back to the brown pack. The blend seems different and is harder to smoke. Is the cut finer? It seems like my pipes block up very easily now. That never happened before. It is also harder to keep burning. What’s up? Code numbers on one of the current pouches is
    08129 G221 04100211. It is not just one pouch from 1 six pack. It is the last several 6 packs that are different. Whatever you changed, please change it back (including the original packaging.
    Sincerely,
    Ray Dymond

7. [...] new aromatic flavored, mild pipe tobacco that came out and was a tremendous overnight success was Borkum Riff. Borkum Riff really did a number on coming out with a pipe tobacco that was mild, and relatively [...]

8. Mike said:

I agree with Ray’s post on 7-6-10. Something has changed. I just started back smoking a pipe after not smoking for 10 years. Something has certainly changed in the blend and cut.

Please change it back to the ORIGINAl blend and cut and packaging.

Thanks,